Subject:Letter By Laura Hollis Of Notre Dame
This comes from Notre Dame. What a powerful and true letter by Associate Law Professor Laura Hollis of Notre Dame.
A MUST read if you care about your country, your health and your future.
The unveiling of the dictatorial debacle that is Obamacare absolutely flabbergasts me. It is stunning on so many levels, but the most shocking aspect of it for me is watching millions of free Americans stand idly by while this man, his minions in Congress and his cheerleaders in the press systematically dismantle our Constitution, steal our money, and crush our freedoms.
The President, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid (with no small help from Justice John Roberts) take away our health care – and we allow it. They take away our insurance – and we allow it. They take away our doctors – and we allow it. They charge us thousands of dollars more a year – and we allow it. They make legal products illegal – and we allow it. They cripple our businesses – and we allow it. They announce by fiat that we must ignore our most deeply held beliefs – and we allow it.
Where is your spine, America?
Yes, I know people are complaining. I read the news on the internet. I read blogs. I have a Twitter feed. So what? People in the Soviet Union complained. People in Cuba complain. People in China complain (quietly). Complaining isn’t the same thing as doing anything about it. In fact, much of the complaining that we hear sounds like resignation: Wow. This sucks. Oh well, this is the way things are. Too bad.
Perhaps you need reminding of a few important facts. Here goes:
1. The President is not a king. Barack Obama does not behave like a President, an elected official, someone who realizes that he works for us. He behaves like a king, a dictator – someone who believes that his own pronouncements have the force of law and who thinks he can dispense with the law’s enforcement when he deigns to do so. And those of us who object? How dare we? Racists!
And while he moves steadily “forward” with his plans to “fundamentally transform” the greatest country in human history, he distracts people with cheap, meaningless trivialities, like “free birth control pills”! In fact, let’s face it: this administration’s odd obsession with sex in general – Birth control! Abortion! Sterilization! Gay guys who play basketball! – is just plain weird. Since when did the leader of the free world care so much about how people have sex, who they have it with and what meds they use when they have it? Does he have nothing more important to concern himself with?
2. It isn’t just a failed software program; it is a failed philosophy. People are marveling that Healthcare.gov was such a spectacular failure. Well, if one is only interested in it as a product launch, I’ve explained some of the reasons for that here. But the larger point is that it isn’t a software failure or even a product failure; it is a philosophy failure.
I have said this before: Obama is not a centrist; he is a central planner. And this – all of it: the disastrous computer program, the hundreds of millions of dollars wasted, the lies, the manipulation of public opinion, the theft of the public’s money and property and freedom (read insurance, and premiums, and doctors) – IS what central planning looks like.
The central premise of central planning is that a handful of wunderkinds with your best interests at heart (yeah, right) know better than you what’s good for you. The failure of such a premise and the misery it causes have been clear from the dawn of humanity. Kings and congressmen, dictators and Dear Leaders, potentates, princes and presidents can all fall prey to the same imperial impulses: “we know what is good the ‘the people.’
And they are always wrong.
There is a reason that the only times communism has really been tried have been after wars, revolutions or coups d’état. You have to have complete chaos for people to be willing to accept the garbage that centralized planning produces. Take the Soviet Union for example. After two wars, famine and the collapse of the Romanov dynasty why wouldn’t people wait in line for hours to buy size 10 shoes? Or settle for the gray matter that passed for meat in the grocery stores?
But communism’s watered-down cousin, socialism, isn’t much better. Ask the Venezuelans who cannot get toilet paper. Toilet paper. Viva la Revolución!
Contrary to what so many who believe in a “living Constitution” say, the Founding Fathers absolutely understood this. That is why the Constitution was set up to limit government power. (Memo to the President: the drafters of the Constitution deliberately didn’t say “what government had to do on your behalf.”) They understood that that was the path to folly, fear, and famine.)
3. Obama is deceitful. Just as the collapse of the computer program should not surprise anyone, neither should we be shocked that the President lied about his healthcare plan. Have any of you been paying attention over the past few years? Obama has made no secret of his motivations or his methods. The philosophies which inspire him espouse deceit and other vicious tactics. (Don’t take my word for it: read Saul Alinsky.)Obama infamously told reporter Richard Wolffe, “You know, I actually believe my own bullshit.” He has refused to be forthcoming about his past (where are his academic records?). His own pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, told author Ed Klein, that Obama said to him, “You know what your problem is? You have to tell the truth.”
Did Obama lie when he said dozens of times, “If you like you plan, you can keep it. Period!”? Of course he did. That’s what he does.
4. The media is responsible. And had the media been doing their jobs, we would have known a lot of this much, much earlier.
The press is charged with the sacred responsibility of protecting the people from the excesses of government. Our press has been complicit, incompetent, or corrupt. Had they vetted this man in 2008, as they would have a Republican candidate, we would have known far more about him than we do, even now. Had they pressed for more details about Obamacare, Congress’ feet would have been held to the fire. Had they done their jobs about Eric Holder, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS scandal, NSA spying – or any of the other myriad betrayals of the public trust that this administration has committed, Obama would likely have lost his 2012 reelection campaign. (A fact that even The Washington Posthas tacitly acknowledged. Well done, fellas! Happy now?)
Instead, they turned a blind eye, even when they knew he was lying, abusing power, disregarding the limits of the Constitution.It was only when he began to spy on them and when the lies were so blatant that the lowest of low-information voters could figure it out that they realized they had to report on it. (Even in the face of blatant, deliberate and repeated lies, The New York Times has the audacity to tell us that the President “misspoke.”) They have betrayed us, abandoned us and deceived us.
5. Ted Cruz was right. So was Sarah Palin. The computer program is a disaster. The insurance exchanges are a disaster. What’s left? The healthcare system itself. And this, of necessity, will be a disaster, too.
Millions of people have lost their individual insurance plans. In 2015, millions more will lose their employer-provided coverage (a fact which the Obama administration also knew, and admitted elsewhere).
The exorbitant additional costs that Obamacare has foisted on unsuspecting Americans are all part of a plan of wealth confiscation and redistribution. That is bad enough. But it will not end there.
When the numbers of people into the system and the corresponding demand for care vastly exceed the cost projections (and they will, make no mistake), then the rationing will start. Not only choice at that point, but quality and care itself will go down the tubes. And then will come the decisions made by the Independent Payment Advisory Board about what care will be covered (read “paid for”) and what will not.
That’s just a death panel, put politely. In fact, progressives are already greasing the wheels for acceptance of that miserable reality as well. They’re spreading the lie that it will be about the ability of the dying to refuse unwanted or unhelpful care. Don’t fall for that one, either. It will be about the deaths that inevitably result from decisions made by people other than the patients, their families, and their physicians. (Perhaps it’s helpful to think of their assurances this way: “If you like your end-of-life care, you can keep your end-of-life-care.”)
6. We are not SUBJECTS. (or, Nice Try, the Tea Party Isn’t Going Away). We have tolerated these incursions into our lives and livelihoods too long already. There is no end to the insatiable demand “progressives” have to remake us in their image. Today it is our insurance, our businesses, our doctors, our health care. Tomorrow some new crusade will be announced that enables them to take over other aspects of our formerly free lives.
I will say it again: WE ARE NOT SUBJECTS. Not only is the Tea Party right on the fiscal issues, but it appears that they are more relevant than ever. We fought a war once to prove we did not want to be the subjects of a king and the Boston Tea Party was just a taste of the larger conflict to come. If some people missed that lesson in history class we can give them a refresher.
The 2014 elections are a good place to start. Call your representative, your senator, your candidate and tell them: “We are not subjects. You work for us. And if the word “REPEAL” isn’t front and center in your campaign, we won’t vote for you. Period.”
Laura Hollis is an attorney and teaches entrepreneurship and business law at the University of Notre Dame.
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
From Factual Education to Global Mind Control
A “Common Core” for a Global Community
“The task before UNESCO… is to help the emergence of a single world culture with its own philosophy and background of ideas and with its own broad purpose.”  Julian Huxley, the first head of UNESCO, 1947.
The goal of education has changed! Our schools no longer teach the kind of literacy, history, math, and morality that we once considered essential to responsible citizenship. The new generation of post-modern students are being trained to believe whatever might serve a pre-determined ‘common good.’
If their educators succeed, tomorrow’s students will have neither the facts nor the freedom needed for independent thinking. Their “common core” will be based on a global collective agenda, not on American freedom or Christian values. Like Nazi youth, they will be taught to react, not think, when nudged to do the unthinkable.
Dr. Thomas Sowell summarized this mind-changing process in a 1993 article titled “Indoctrinating the Children”:
“The techniques of brainwashing developed in totalitarian countries are routinely used in psychological conditioning programs imposed on American school children. These includeemotional shock and desensitization, psychological isolation from sources of support, stripping away defenses, manipulative cross-examination of the individual’s underlying moral values, and inducing acceptance of alternative values by psychological rather than rational means.”
“O our God . . . we have no might against this great company that cometh against us;
neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon Thee. (2 Chronicles 20:12)
The Global Roots of “Common Core” Education
Parents beware! A New World Order is rising. It has no tolerance for Christianity, traditional values, or historical facts that expose its lies. The seeds for this transformation were planted long ago, but few saw the warning signs. Now that the evidence is too vast to deny, we need to prepare our children for a different kind of world: a world where an educated and responsible citizenry no longer exists in sufficient numbers to maintain the rule of law and individual freedom.
Today’s education goals were envisioned more than a century ago by socialist American and British elites who steered the process from behind the scenes. Though the labels changed through the years, they all served a globalist vision of a totalitarian world equipped to conform young minds to a socialist/Communist system.
Each decade brought us closer to the fulfillment of that anti-Christian agenda. The latest version of the international education plan is called “Common Core” (CC) or “Common Core Standards” (CCS) or “Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in America. These deceptive labels hide the global agenda—at least for the moment.
“Common Core” is the latest extension of previous programs aimed at mind-changing compliance with UNESCO’s evolving guidelines. You may remember some of the past titles: Education for All, Outcome Based Education, Quality Learning, No Child Left Behind, etc. In the years ahead, new labels and propaganda will surely continue to push this global agenda forward until the world’s elite masters decide that they have reached their goal: total control of the serfs that serve them.
In a 2009 article titled “The Spiritualization of Science, Technology and Education in a One-World Society,” Dr. Martin Erdmann writes,
“Aldous Huxley envisioned a future world society totally controlled by an elite group of scientists. His best-known fictional work explicating this dire prospect bore the title Brave New World. Years later he would “revisit” his prognostications only to conclude that he had underestimated the rate of change realizing his darkest fears.”
Aldous, brother of the prominent Julian Huxley who served as the first Director-General of UNESCO, had reason to be concerned. Raised among British socialist/globalist elites (some of whom funded Communism in Russia), he shared their vision and glimpsed their totalitarian goals. Of course, he didn’t know that more than half a century later, the global-minded Bill Gates would use his wealth to help establish that long-term vision:
“Gates’ astronomical wealth has persuaded millions that Common Core is the solution to education problems…But… the truth remains that whenever unelected philanthropists are permitted to direct public policy, the voting public gets cut out of the process.”
As you scroll down the century-long chronology, notice the powerful people, the elitist organizations, and the wealthy foundations that have planned, steered and funded the amoral transformation of our schools, churches and communities. Their common goal is global socialism: a totalitarian new world order!
Behind that long historical chronology stood influential elites who supported the global vision. They include bankers, presidents, politicians as well as members of secret societies such as The Council of Foreign Relations (CFR), Skull and Bones, Bilderberg and the Trilateral Commission. They didn’t leave Obama to rule by himself. Just as President Woodrow Wilson had Colonel Mandel House as his secretive mentor, so President Obama is surrounded by global-minded counselors such as Joe Biden, Zbigniew Brzezinski and others.
So Who Will Rule the Global School?
Seven years ago a world-changing event took place. It would revolutionize education, families, faith and basic values in our fading “land of the free.” I’m referring to the Moscow Declaration that was officially adopted on June 2, 2006, by the Education Ministers of the United States, the Russian Federation, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United Kingdom. The members of this international “Group of Eight” (G-8) have committed their nations to “cooperation in education at all levels in the 21st century.”
What about America’s “Common Core” standards? How do they fit into the Moscow Declaration?
Marketed to American families as an improved education program, the actual truth about “Common Core” has been hidden from us. Our government leaders didn’t tell us that we were already committed to a multinational education agenda! But it all makes sense when we consider the century-old movement toward global education and a new world order!!
Back in 2006, Eagle Forum’s Education Reporter explained the implication of the “Moscow Declaration‘:
“Russia’s Science and Education Minister Andrei Fursenko described the declaration as ‘both a final document of the conference and the document that will be implemented by education ministers of all the world countries and international organizations, including the World Bank, UNESCO, and UN.'”
That certainly sounds like a global education system, doesn’t it? But the American people were kept in the dark! The Education Reporter continues,
“The U.S. Department of Education said the member delegates ‘pledged to share best practices across borders’ to build ‘education systems that can allow people… to live and contribute to a global society…’
“Included in previously adopted initiatives… are those from UNESCO as well as the 1985 agreement with the USSR [before the end of “the cold war”] called ‘The General Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics [USSR] on contacts, exchanges and cooperation in scientific, technical, educational, cultural and other fields.’…
“What can be expected from the Moscow Declaration? If the historical results of U.S. participation with international reforms continue in the same vein, it is not unreasonable to expect the whole of U.S. education — from preschool, elementary, secondary, and higher education — will encounter further upheaval and decline.”
Today’s sobering realities remind me of the boastful statement made by Nikita Khrushchev back in 1959. Perhaps he was right:
“You Americans are so gullible. No, you won’t accept communism outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism. We won’t have to fight you. We’ll so weaken your economy until you’ll fall like overripe fruit into our hands.”
But God said: “My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.'” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
The Common Core Standards Guides the Global Agenda
It’s hard to define the actual Common Core standards. Shrouded in positive promises and perplexing assertions, many ordinary readers are left wondering what’s true or false. Faced with open-ended and unfamiliar terminology, concerned parents are confused and discouraged. They may recognize the false marketing and deceptive propaganda, but they don’t know where to find honest answers. For example, the mission statement posted at “Common Core State Standards Initiative” is anything but clear:
“The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. With American students fully prepared for the future, our communities will be best positioned to compete successfully in the global economy.”
What does it mean by “robust”? Is it “relevant” to the success of all students or just to those who will embrace the spreading immorality and group thinking?
Last year, those confusing but nice-sounding promises brought rapid enthusiasm among some parents, but skepticism is now growing fast. Just ponder the statements below. How do we interpret words such as “clearer and higher” or “rigorous contents”? What does “rigorous” mean in a classroom where facts are replaced by group speculations and dialectical thinking? How can concerned parents find answers to bewildering slogans such as these:
- Fewer, clearer, and higher, to best drive effective policy and practice;
- Aligned with college and work expectations…
- Inclusive of rigorous content and applications of knowledge through higher-order skills…
- Internationally benchmarked, so that all students are prepared for succeeding in our global economy…
- Research and evidence-based.
This global agenda is far more intrusive, demanding and dangerous to Christian families than most of us can imagine. So ponder this important warning from Phyllis Schlafly:
“UNESCO’s efforts in the 1960s and 1970s to influence U.S. school curriculum were unsuccessful. But now UNESCO has found a sugar daddy. On November 17, 2004 at UNESCO’s headquarters in Paris, UNESCO signed a 26-page ‘Cooperation Agreement’ with Microsoft Corporation to develop a ‘master curriculum (Syllabus)’ for teacher training in information technologies based on standards, guidelines, benchmarks, and assessment techniques. The Agreement states that… ‘UNESCO will explore how to facilitate content development.’
“Following the signing of the Agreement, UNESCO Director General Koichiro Matsuura explained it in a speech. One of its goals, he said, is ‘fostering web-based communities of practice including content development and worldwide curricula reflecting UNESCO values.’ No doubt that is agreeable to Bill Gates because the Agreement states that ‘Microsoft supports the objectives of UNESCO as stipulated in UNESCO’s Constitution.”
Before long, Bill Gates and his UNESCO partners had prepared the following “core standards.” Notice that they are far more honest and threatening than the previous propaganda.
- Environmental education will be incorporated in formal education.
- Any value or attitude held by anyone globally that stands independent to that of the United Nations’ definition of “sustainable education” must change. Current attitudes are unacceptable.
- Education will be belief-and-spirituality based as defined by the global collective.
- Environmental education will be integrated into every subject, not just science…”
Today’s emphasis on “saving the earth” will surely involve mental manipulation and moral degradation. The suggested earth-centered spirituality in the third point would fit well in a culture of promiscuity, propaganda and paganism. And the spreading seductions of the occult will speed the rising hostility toward Biblical truth and values. The second and fourth points speak for themselves. Everything must change! “Current attitudes are unacceptable.”
This transformational process is well under way. Ponder the moral values taught through the new “Common Core ‘Exemplars’” listed here: http://www.corestandards.org/assets/Appendix_B.pdf. Notice on page 108 that this list of chosen “Text Exemplars” includes a sexually explicit novel by Julia Alvarez for ninth and tenth graders. Dr. Mary Grabar gives us a glimpse of its corrupting context:
“I must admit that I would have been too embarrassed to teach Julia Alvarez’s sexually explicit novel, In the Time of the Butterflies, to the college students I have taught for over twenty years, much less to ninth- and tenth-graders, as many Georgia high school teachers have been instructed to do.
“Some high school teachers also have a problem with its overtly feminist and leftist-leaning ideology. The men are portrayed as weak drunkards, continually cheating on their wives….
“The novel is taken straight from Common Core’s “Text Exemplars” for ninth and tenth graders. Although the “exemplars” are officially intended to be suggested readings, educrats take the suggestions literally. They know that they have to prepare students for the national tests being rolled out in 2014-2015.
“For example, there is a drunken New Year’s celebration of ‘the triumphant announcement. Batista had fled! Fidel, his brother Raul, and Ernesto they call Che had entered Havana and liberated the country.’ No indication in the novel that Fidel and Raul turned out to be tyrants, or Che a mass murderer. The novel has explicit descriptions of masturbation and intercourse, but I’m too embarrassed to quote those.”
If only the students children would be equally embarrassed! But part of the purpose for corrupt literature is to replace Biblical morality with immoral sexuality and all kinds of other hindrances to Christian values. May God show us how we can best equip our children to stand firm in Christ in the midst of the coming battles.
Envisioning an Interconnected World
“In the global village … networks will link students around the world to each other and to a vast body of information and human knowledge.”
That promise was made in 1994 during a trans-Atlantic conference between Washington and Berlin. Education Secretary Richard Riley and Labor Secretary Robert Reich shared strategies for building theGlobal Village Schools with their German counterparts. They agreed that educational accord would be vital to their goal of “enforcing social transformation.”
Do you wonder what kind of “social transformation” they planned to enforce? Was personal liberty on their agenda? Or did they seek totalitarian government control as in the French Revolution? What goals and values would guide their plans for global education and social transformation? Capitalism? Socialism? Or Communism? Or a new form of totalitarianism?
And where does militant Islam fit into this global power struggle for the collective minds of children? Its ambitious Sharia-minded leaders are unlikely to compromise! And why would they? Corrupt politicians and liberal media masters are already bending over backward to accommodate Islamic “rights.” But Islamic leaders have their own agenda in America as well as in the Middle East, and they will not tolerate our Christian beliefs.
Remember, Aldous Huxley warned us about such planned distractions long ago. Surrounded by British Fabian Socialists, he became increasingly troubled about the spread of totalitarianism. In 1958, after the deadly fallout from Communist and Nazi tyranny, he shared his concerns in a sobering 1958 book, Brave New World Revisited:
“In Brave New World [his previous book] non-stop distractions of the most fascinating nature… are deliberately used as instruments of policy, for the purpose of preventing people from paying too much attention to the realities of the social and political situation….
“In their propaganda, today’s dictators rely for the most part on repetition, suppression and rationalization: the repetition of catchwords which they wish to be accepted as true, the suppression of facts which they wish to be ignored, the arousal and rationalization of passions which may be used in the interests of the Party or the State.
“As the art and science of manipulation come to be better understood, the dictators of the future will doubtless learn to combine these techniques with the non-stop distractions…”
Bombard children with mind-changing suggestions
A familiar tale told to first-graders in Pennsylvania illustrates both the tactics and the planned transformation of the world. We all know the story of the Little Red Hen who wanted some bread to eat. She asked some of her barnyard friends to help make it. But the cat, the dog, and the goat all said “no.” Finally she did all the work herself. Yet, when the bread was done and its fragrance spread throughout the farm, her unwilling neighbors were more than willing to help her eat it.
“Won’t you share with us?” they begged.
“No,” she answered. “Since you didn’t help, you don’t get anything.”
In the context of traditional values, the moral of the story might be: you get what you work for. But those who have learned to think and see from the new global perspective are led to a different conclusion. Listen to the kinds of questions the first grade teacher asked her class:
“Why was the Little Red Hen so stingy? Isn’t it only right that everyone gets to eat? Why wouldn’t she share what she had with some who had none?”
The concerned mother who heard and reported this story asked, “What kinds of values were the children taught?” The new interpretation emphasizes love and sharing, but what is missing? How might it confuse a child’s values?
The answers are obvious. The children were taught socialist values. The new interpretation vilified values that had motivated Americans to be diligent, responsible and fair. The teacher’s questions were actually strategic suggestions prompting the group to ridicule traditional values, to see reality and society from the new politically correct perspective, and to intimidate and shame anyone who dared to disagree.
A new mental “framework” is vital to the global paradigm shift. But to launch the new system, the old patterns must be blurred, broken and forgotten. The educational establishment knows that children who are fed a daily diet of biblical truth will resist their plans for change. They also know that students bombarded with strategic suggestions will probably reject Christianity. If schools can build the “right” kind of filter in the minds of young children, the new global beliefs will fit right in.
Focus on feelings, not facts
This shift from factual education to mental manipulation and feeling-based learning began more than seventy years ago. Through the decades, the strategies used to manipulate minds in the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were developed, first at the Tavistock Clinic near London and later at Germany’s Frankfurt School (originally called Frankfurt Institute for Social Research). Their mind-bending methods soon spread to a rising number of psycho-social research centers in America. They were fine-tuned at Columbia, Harvard, Stanford and other American universities, at our regionaleducational laboratories and at the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies where Elian Gonzales was remediated in preparation for his return to a Communist system.
At the 1989 Governor’s Conference on Education in Kansas, Dr. Shirley McCune, then head of the Mid-Continent Regional Educational Laboratory, summarized the policy in her keynote speech:
“The revolution… in curriculum is that we no longer are teaching facts to children…. We no longer see the teaching of facts and information as the primary outcome of education.”
“What will take the place of logic, fact and analysis in the coming age?” This rhetorical question was raised by Dr. Donald A. Cowan, president emeritus of the University of Dallas. His revealing answer exposes an important step toward the new consensus:
“The central way of thought for this new era will be imagination…. Imagination will be the active, creative agent of culture, transforming brute materials to a higher, more knowable state.”
A simple example of this process was exposed by a Christian teacher in Sunnyvale CA. During a public elementary school assembly, the students sang the words of the Peacemakers’ Planetary Anthem to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner. This melody, which has symbolized freedom to those who have loved America, now became a tactical trigger used to turn hearts from the old ways to the new vision.
To shape “world-class students” who see reality through a multicultural filter, social engineers keep testing their latest modification strategies on our children. One tactic is managed group thinking (the dialectic process) which prompts them to reject their old home-taught morality and embrace the collective values of their dialoguing classroom group.
The Left may win the next battle in this spiritual war. The signs of a global revolution are already too close for comfort. We can no longer count on the American Constitution which was based on Biblical principles. More often than not, today’s choices are totally contrary to America’s founding values and God’s wise guidelines.
But our Lord still reigns! In the midst of this spiritual war, He will surely provide His strength, wisdom and His comforting nearness to all who choose to trust and follow Him!
“The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.” (Psalm 18:2)
1. Julian Huxley, the first head of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/globalism/julian-huxley.htm
2. Thomas Sowell, “Indoctrinating the Children,” in Forbes, February 1, 1993, p. 65.
3. Dr. Martin Erdmann, “The Spiritualization of Science, Technology and Education in a One-World Society,” January 2009, Volume 2, http://www.clinam.org/images/stories/pdf/volume2.1.pdf
4. Top Ten Scariest People in Education Reform: #5 – Bill Gates, August 2013. http://whatiscommoncore.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/top-ten-scariest-people-in-education-reform-5-bill-gates/
6. John Dewey, “Religion and our Schools.” Abstract: “In 1908 . . . Dewey, wrote a paper ‘Religion and our Schools’. In it he argued that religion should not be taught in schools. Yet Dewey had his own radical religious views. These views are now more widely accepted and religious education less confessional.” July 6, 2006. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0141620980200202#preview
7. Dennis Laurence Cuddy, Ph.D., Chronology of Education with Quotable Quotes, 1994, p. 18.
8. The Humanist Manifesto 1 (1933) was the first public declaration of the views and objectives of humanism. It rejected God and His values but affirmed humanist faith in the power and evolution of man.The Humanist Manifesto II (1973) reaffirmed and amplified this man-centered, relativistic, utopian belief system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanist_Manifesto_II
9. “Willard Givens presented a report titled “Education for the New America” at the 72nd Annual Meeting of the NEA, held in Washington, D.C. in July 1934. Cited by Dr. Dennis Cuddy, Chronology of Education with Quotable Quotes, p. 20.
10. Joy Elmer Morgan, “The United Peoples of the World,” The NEA Journal (December 1942); p.261.
11. “National Education in an International World.” Printed by the NEA in 1946.
12. J. Elmer Morgan, “The Teacher and World Government,” The NEA Journal (January 1946); p.1.
13. Julian Huxley, first head of UNESCO, (Washington DC: Public Affairs Press, 1947). See http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/globalism/julian-huxley.htm
14. Dennis Cuddy, Ph.D., The Grab for Power: A Chronology of the NEA (Marlborough NH: Plymouth Rock Foundation, 1993); p. 8.
15. John I. Goodlad & Associates, Curriculum Inquiry—the Study of Curriculum Practice (NY: McGraw Hill, 1979), 261.
16. Humanist Manifesto II, Tenet #12. http://americanhumanist.org/Humanism/Humanist_Manifesto_II
17. The NEA promotes “A Declaration of Interdependence: Education for a Global Community,” September, 1976. Cuddy, Chronology of Education, p. 59.
18. Muller’s beliefs and influence are explained in Brave New Schools [by Berit Kjos], Chapter 2: “The International Agenda” at http://www.crossroad.to/Books/BraveNewSchools/2-International.htm
19. The Conference on “Learning for All: Bridging Domestic and International Education” with Barbara Bush (Honorary Chair) and a Russian keynote speaker, Elena Lenskaya, October 30-November 1, 1991.
20. The text of “The United Nations World Pledge” was recited by students at a Brownsville (Texas ) school, TiVo Community Forum Archive 1, http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78176
21. Dennis Laurence Cuddy, Ph.D., Chronology of Education With Quotable Quotes (Highland City, FL: Pro Family Forum, Inc., 1993).p. 100.
22. ‘Moscow Declaration” Adopted by G-8: Education Ministers—Secretary Spellings Commits U.S., Eagle Forum, U.S. Dept. of Education, June 2, 2006.http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/2006/june06/moscow.html
25. Nikita Khrushchev, “Dark Predictions of a KGB Defector,” 1959 at http://frontpagemag.com/2010/10/19/dark-predictions-of-a-kgb-defector/print/
28. Phyllis Schlafly, “Bill Gates Teams Up With UNESCO,” Eagle Forum, November 30, 2005. http://www.eagleforum.org/column/2005/nov05/05-11-30.html
30. Mary Grabar, “Common Core ‘Exemplars’: Literature with Graphic Sex and Praising Castro,” Text Exemplars” for 9th and 10th grades, May 7, 2013,http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2013/05/07/common-core-exemplars-graphic-sex-and-praising-castro. See the new “Common Core ‘Exemplars’” listed here:http://www.corestandards.org/assets/Appendix_B.pdf.
31. From a publicity flier announcing the trans-Atlantic conference held April 10-13, 1994.
32. Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited (Perennial Library,1958), pps. 36-37. www.crossroad.to/Excerpts/books/transformation/brave-revisited.htm
33. This story was included in the first grade curriculum in New Pittsburgh, PA. The story was also told–using the new paradigm context–at a parents’ meeting explaining Character Education. Anita Hoge, formerly a Pennsylvania mother and researcher, reported the story to me.
34. At the time of her 1989 keynote speech, Shirley McCune presided over the Mid-Continent Regional Educational Laboratory (McREL). The Regional Educational Laboratories are private, non-profit corporations which are funded, in whole or in part, under Title IV of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965.
35. Spoken at a 1988 forum address at the Dallas Institute of Humanities and Culture. This address formed the nucleus for his book, Unbinding Prometheus: Education for the Coming Age.
[Article Reprinted with Permission]
by Bert Kjos 2003
Original Source: http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/0013/common-core/1-common-core-lighthouse.htm
AVERAGE AMERICAN BOB – January 2014
DON’T BE FOOLED THIS TIME AROUND
As we start a new year we constitutional conservatives need to begin thinking about this year’s election cycle. As critical as the last three cycles were – and after experiencing the results of just 5 years of radical liberalism, (some would say Socialism/Marxism) as well as reckless and dangerous spending, we need to focus. We need a plan to stop the madness and get the country going in the right direction. Amid the confusion one thing puts it into perspective: almost 2/3rds or 64% of Americans think we are going in the wrong direction. Only 29% of Americans think we are going in the right direction. 1
THE BLOOM IS OFF THE ROSE – Many who thought Obama would be a catalyst for ‘hope and change,’ run a transparent administration and get rid of lobbyists, all while acting as the great ‘unifier’ of America and the world, are discovering he’s just another slick-talking politician, a far-left progressive, willing to say and do anything to advance his agenda. His scheme for wealth redistribution and implementation of other radical-left policies are destroying free market capitalism. After five years we need to face the reality of 7 trillion dollars in new debt and an economy on life-support, being infused with over 85 billion a month in freshly printed Federal Reserve dollars to keep the banks and Wall Street afloat. We need to look at actual unemployment numbers, well over 13% and much higher for young people and minorities where unemployment runs 25% and higher. 2
After five years of failed stimulus programs and policies, we have more people living in government defined poverty than at any time in our history. Food stamp recipients have increased a whopping 47% and we’ve seen huge increases in SS disability recipients. Currently, the number of able bodied Americans in the work force is at its lowest in 40 years. And now Obama Care threatens to destroy our entire healthcare system. Millions of Americans are being forced to pay for health insurance (not necessarily better access to quality medical care) for those who already have access to medical care through free clinics and public health programs. We need healthcare reform to address the problems of providing medical treatment for the truly needy, those with preexisting conditions and those who lose their insurance after becoming sick. Obama and his progressive administration would not even consider the many ideas submitted by conservatives. Senate majority leader Harry Reid refused to allow even one of the House proposals to be brought to the Senate floor.
This takeover of the healthcare industry (and quietly the healthcare insurance industry as well) is not about providing affordable healthcare insurance or improving the quality of care we receive. It is the dream – the Holy Grail of the progressive movement – to take control of roughly 7% of the U.S. economy and everything the healthcare industry touches. Obama Care will be enthusiastically embraced by millions of Americans who will have 100% of their healthcare insurance and/or medical care paid for by tens of millions of their fellow Americans; charging them not only for their own healthcare insurance but an additional premium to cover the expense of those declared exempt. This amounts to forced charity with the federal government acting as a bloated, corrupt middle man, paid to administrate this monstrosity.
Along with many other irresponsible entitlement programs, this new law is running us into national financial ruin. Starting now, we need to support fiscally conservative candidates; Candidates with the courage of their convictions who, once elected will stand with the American majority and begin correcting the policies that have stunted private sector growth.
NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO DEMONSTRATE CONTEMPT AND DISREGARD FOR THE WISHES OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE – By now, most people understand that AHA was passed using despicable tactics – lies, kick-backs, back-room deals and reconciliation procedure rather than a straight up vote in the Senate. The bill was passed with a 100% partisan vote, not a single republican/conservative voted for it, while the democrats who voted to pass it did so without reading it; a blatant demonstration of gross incompetence and negligence. Keep in mind, none of the people who voted to pass this healthcare bill are subject to its requirements – they have their own, special, better, exclusive, health insurance plan paid for compliments of the taxpayers. None of the representatives, who voted to pass this bill, deserves to be reelected… not one of them!
A FEW IDEAS TO KEEP US ON TRACK–
Don’t be influenced by the House and Senate Democrats who voted for Obama Care. Through the compliant media we hear – coincidentally, just before they’re up for re-election – these people suddenly see the error of their ways. They frequently speak out against the law to distance themselves from a declining administration, knowing their reelection is in jeopardy. Don’t get sucked in! Don’t let them off the hook! Replace all of them! Click on the link below to see a list of both House and Senate Democrats who voted for the bill – and those who didn’t. With their vote they have said loud and clear, “We know better than you what you need and we will force you to accept it or we will tax you into submission.”
If we continue to elect radical and/or incompetent representatives willing to vote against the will of the people, we will never win our freedom and liberty back. Keep in mind, not once since its introduction has Obama Care ever had approval by the majority of the American people.
Look for candidates with fiscally conservative records. They are everywhere – in the republican and democratic parties as well as independents and libertarians. Fiscally responsible candidates may not place social and foreign policy considerations at the top of their list, but creating jobs, slowing and reversing spending and reestablishing our financial stability are far more important to our future. If we don’t get our finical house in order we will all suffer in ways we don’t even want to consider. We must stop taking from the middle class to support an ever-growing dependent class.
And to you, recipients…understand, the government doesn’t give you anything. The government has no money except what it collects in taxes. They cannot give anything unless they first take money away from tax-paying americans, restricting their choices and their freedom. Most of us don’t begrudge taking care of the truly needy but our constitution is supposed to protect us from a government that thinks they have the right to take from one person and give to another just because ‘THEY’ decide they’re more deserving. Nowhere in our great constitution does it say that one person or group of people is responsible for the livelihood of another.
In an age of instant access to information there’s no excuse for ignorance. We must be diligent, do our homework and share accurate information.
It’s been said before, but I sincerely believe the November 2014 election will become the most important in 50 years.
Average American Bob
|“One Nation Under God”|
|David Barton – 09/27/2011|
by David Barton 1
Despite America’s great diversity, nothing unifies Americans more than their support for public acknowledgments of God. Consider:
There are few other subjects on which over three-fourths of Americans consistently agree; and while the Left complains that religious expressions are divisive, the evidence proves otherwise; religious expressions have unified Americans from the beginning.
In fact, at the first-ever meeting of Congress in 1774 when it was suggested that Congress open with prayer, some delegates predicted that the act would be divisive, 7 but John Adams reported exactly the opposite, noting that “it has had an excellent effect upon everybody here.” 8 Several Supreme Court Justices still believe that such acts are unifying, noting:
Yet the public acknowledgement of God was more than just a pleasant practice in early America; it actually formed the basis of our government philosophy – a philosophy set forth in eighty-four simple words in the Declaration of Independence:
Thus, five immutable principles constitute the heart and soul of American government:
Significantly, without a public and official recognition of God, there is no hope of limited government, for rights come only from God or from man. If rights come from God, then we can require man to protect those rights – as we did in the Declaration, Constitution, and Bill of Rights. But if our rights come from man, then man is permitted to regulate or abolish those rights, and government’s power over our lives therefore becomes absolute and unlimited, as has been the growing trend since the 1990s.
The Founders understood that irrevocable limitations can be placed on government only when God is recognized as the source of our rights; they also understood that if we became complacent in our recognition of God as the center of our lives and government, then we would lose our liberties. As Thomas Jefferson warned:
According to Jefferson, the only “firm basis” of our national liberties is a “conviction in the minds of the people” that our liberties are from God and that government cannot intrude into those liberties without incurring God’s wrath.
President George Washington likewise admonished:
President John Adams similarly urged:
And Samuel Adams agreed, reminding Americans:
To restore honor and restore America, we first must restore God to His rightful place in our own lives and thinking. We must then reintroduce those original principles back into the public arena, thus restoring the foundation on which our Declaration and Constitution were built and the only foundation which allows them to operate as intended.
It is time for us to re-embrace the truth of President Reagan’s warning that:
1. This is an op-ed article that David Barton wrote for a national website. (Return)
2. Dana Blanton, “FOX Poll: Courts Driving Religion Out of Public Life; Christianity Under Attack,” Fox News, December 1, 2005 (November 29-30, 2005 poll results) (at: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177355,00.html).(Return)
3. Dana Blanton, “FOX Poll: Courts Driving Religion Out of Public Life; Christianity Under Attack,” Fox News, December 1, 2005 (November 29-30, 2005 poll results) (at: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177355,00.html).(Return)
4. See, “Vast Majority in U.S. Support ‘Under God’,” CNN, June 29, 2002 (at: http://articles.cnn.com/2002-06-29/us/poll.pledge_1_newsweek-poll-christian-nation-religion?_s=PM:US); Howard Fineman, “One Nation, Under… Who?” The Daily Beast, July 7, 2002 (at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2002/07/07/one-nation-under-who.html).(Return)
5. Dana Blanton, “FOX Poll: Courts Driving Religion Out of Public Life; Christianity Under Attack,” Fox News, December 1, 2005 (November 29-30, 2005 poll results) (at: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177355,00.html).(Return)
6. Dana Blanton, “FOX Poll: Courts Driving Religion Out of Public Life; Christianity Under Attack,” Fox News, December 1, 2005 (November 29-30, 2005 poll results) (at: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177355,00.html).(Return)
7. John Adams, Abigail Adams, Letters of John Adams Addressed to His Wife, Charles Francis Adams, editor (Boston: Charles C. Little and James Brown, 1841), Vol. I, pp. 23-24, to Abigail Adams on September 16, 1774. See also Journals of the Continental Congress (Washington, D. C.: Government Printing Office, 1904), Vol. I, pp. 26-27, September 6-7, 1774. (Return)
8. John Adams, Abigail Adams, Letters of John Adams Addressed to His Wife, Charles Francis Adams, editor (Boston: Charles C. Little and James Brown, 1841), Vol. I, pp. 23-24, to Abigail Adams on September 16, 1774. (Return)
9. Lee v. Weisman, 120 L. Ed. 2d 467, 519 (1992) (Scalia, J., dissenting). (Return)
10. The Declaration of Independence. (Return)
11. Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia (Philadelphia: Matthew Carey, 1794), Query XVIII, pp. 236-237. (Return)
12. Jared Sparks, The Life of George Washington (London: Henry Colburn, 1839), Vol. II, p. 302, proclamation for a National Thanksgiving on October 3, 1789. (Return)
13. John Adams, The Works of John Adams, Second President of the United States, Charles Francis Adams, editor (Boston: Little, Brown, and Company, 1854), Vol. IX, p. 169, proclamation for a National Thanksgiving on March 23, 1798. (Return)
14. Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams, Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1908), Vol. IV, p. 189, article signed “Vindex” originally published in the Boston Gazette on June 12, 1780. (Return)
Article Source: http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=99351
A clunker that travels 12,000 miles a year at 15 mpg uses 800 gallons of gas a year.
A new vehicle that travels 12,000 Miles a year at 25 mpg uses 480 gallons of gas a year.
So, the average Cash for Clunkers transaction reduced gasoline Consumption by 320 gallons per year.
The government claims 700,000 clunkers were replaced so that Is 224 million gallons saved per year.
That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil. 5 million barrels is about 5 hours worth of US consumption.
More importantly, 5 million barrels of oil at $90 per barrel costs About $450 million dollars.
So, the government paid $3 billion of our tax dollars to save $450 million. They spent $6.67 for every $1.00 they saved.
We’ve been assured, though, that they will do a much better Job with our health care.